Arterial Plaque Buildup and Removal in Golden Gate - Naples, FL
The Health Effects of Plaque Buildup
The arteries are blood vessels which carry blood that is rich in oxygen, glucose and other nutrients to various tissues and organs throughout the body, including the heart and the brain. When the arteries are healthy, proper blood flow occurs throughout the body.
Under unhealthy conditions, the arteries can become clogged due to a buildup of plaque—a combination of cholesterol, lipids, and calcium—that occurs in the inner walls of the arteries. As the plaques increase in size, a restriction of blood flow occurs. Over time, arterial plaque buildup can lead to atherosclerosis which is a hardening and narrowing of the arteries that silently and progressively restricts arterial blood flow. The major organs, tissues, and cells throughout the body then fail to receive the blood and oxygen they require to maintain proper function. This occurrence can be extremely dangerous and eventually lead to major health concerns, including chest pain (angina), shortness of breath, heart attack, stroke, as well as death.
Prevention and treatment of arterial plaque through dietary, lifestyle and vitamin therapy can help stop the progression of this disease and its detrimental effects on one’s health and lifespan. The earlier the natural interventions are utilized, the better the outcome as far as reducing the formation of arterial plaque and maintaining healthy arteries.
To schedule a consultation with a healthcare practitioner in Golden Gate - Naples who specializes in reducing and reversing arterial plaque, call (941) 845-6555 or contact Insight to Health & Wellness, Inc. online.
What Causes Plaque in the Arteries?
The main culprits of arterial plaque formation include consuming foods that are high in cholesterol and saturated fat, such as those found in harmful oils, deep-fried foods and red meat. Cholesterol can combine with fat, calcium and other clotting factors in the blood to form plaque.
As the plaque buildup grows, the cells in the artery walls multiply and secrete substances that further clog the arteries. Plaque buildup often begins as early as childhood and teenage years. Based on several risk factors, the plaques can continue to grow. Some of the major factors that lead to plaque buildup in arteries include:
- Having high levels of bad cholesterol or low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol along with low levels of good cholesterol known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Consuming trans fatty acids found in partially hydrogenated oils and fats such as margarine
- Diabetes or elevated blood sugar
- Sedentary lifestyle
Arterial Plaque Removal
There are several lifestyle, dietary and vitamin intervention strategies that have been demonstrated to effectively remove plaque from arteries and prevent the risk of cardiovascular disease . A holistic regimen can help lower elevated lipid levels and improve other risk factors.
- Reduce saturated fat intake with foods such as red meats, particularly marbled red meat, whole milk and cream, high-fat cheeses, and processed mates such as salami, sausage, bologna, and hot dogs
- Reduce consumption of trans fatty acids such as fried and fast foods and margarine
- Reduce cholesterol intake found in eggs, red meats, and cheese.
- Increase intake of fruits and vegetables.
- Increase fiber intake with foods such as vegetables, whole grains, and beans
- Consume garlic
- Cook with heart healthy oils such as olive oil
Vitamins & Other Nutrients
- Omega-3 fatty acids found fish oil and flax seed oil has been shown to lower blood pressure and, triglyceride levels, and plaque formation
- Vitamin E in the mixed tocopherol form has been shown to reduce inflammatory factors that lead to plaque formation
- Niacin (vitamin B3) has been shown to decrease LDL cholesterol while increasing HDL cholesterol
- Magnesium decreases the formation of clots in the arteries
- Chromium helps improve fat and glucose (blood sugar) metabolism in the body
- L-carnitine helps support heart health and increases the metabolism of fatty acids in the bloodstream
- Vitamin K has been shown to slow the progression of hardening of the arteries.
- Be sure to engage in a regular exercise program that incorporates cardiovascular exercise at least 3-4 days per week
- Avoid being sedentary for long periods throughout the day as it has been shown to turn on cholesterol-producing genes.
- Avoid smoking
- Incorporate stress reducing techniques such as deep-breathing exercises, meditation, exercise, and yoga into your daily and weekly routine
Arterial plaque formation is a major contributor to heart disease and other detrimental health conditions. However, it is a preventable condition that can be halted with proper lifestyle and dietary modifications. The dietary and lifestyle modifications will help with arterial plaque removal and reduce the development of cardiovascular disease, as well as many other diseases.
To meet with a healthcare provider in Golden Gate - Naples who can help create a customized protocol to help you halt and reverse the formation of arterial plaque, call (941) 845-6555 or contact Insight to Health & Wellness, Inc. online.
Insight to Health & Wellness, Inc.
Address694 8th Street North
Naples, FL 34102
Areas We Service:Collier County, FL, North Naples, FL, Naples Manor, FL, Naples Park, FL, Park Shore, FL, Pelican Bay, FL, Vineyards, FL, Vanderbilt Beach, FL, Coco River, FL, Golden Gate, FL, Naples, FL, Vanderbilt, FL