Spirometry in Wichita Falls, TX
Spirometry is a lung test that's used to measure how well your lungs are working. Spirometry is completed in your doctor's office and may be used if you have asthma, COPD, emphysema or other medical conditions that affect breathing.
Spirometry is a painless test that measures how well you can breathe in and out and how quickly you can do it. Your doctor may also use spirometry to measure how well your medications or treatment plan for a lung condition is working.
Preparing for a Spirometry Test
The goal of a spirometry test is to measure how well (and how deeply) you can breathe in and out. To get the most accurate reading, ask your doctor if he or she wants you to use your breathing medications before the test. Follow those instructions. Schedule your spirometry test today by calling (940) 242-3594.
Remember to wear loose fitting clothing that won't restrict your ability to breathe in deeply and eat lightly. It can be hard to take a deep breath if your stomach is very full.
During the Test
- Listen to your doctor or nurse's instructions carefully. If you don't understand what to do, ask before you start.
- Your nurse will clip your nose shut so you move all air in and out of your mouth.
- You will be asked to take a deep breath in and then breathe out into a tube. Breathe as hard as you can. This should take a few seconds and you may feel dizzy. This is normal.
- The force of air you breathe out will be measured on a machine.
- You may have to take the test three or more times.
- You may be asked to take your breathing medications and repeat the test. You may need to wait 15 minutes for the medications to work before taking the second set of tests.
After the test, your doctor will evaluate your numbers. If your numbers are lower than they should be, your doctor may adjust your medications or do other tests to look for other types of lung blockages.
Schedule your Spirometry Evaluation Today
Spirometry is an accurate, affordable and easy way to measure the health and function of your lungs. Get your spirometry test today. Call (940) 242-3594.
Kell West Family Practice Clinic
Address4412 Kell Blvd
Wichita Falls, TX 76309
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tue: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wed: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thu: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm