Holter Monitoring in Nutley, NJ
Holter monitoring allows your doctor to gather information about your heart over several days. This test may be used when your EKG tests are normal and your doctor needs to know more about your heart rhythm. The Holter monitor is connected to the skin of your chest with sticky electrodes just like those used during an EKG and then wires traveling from the electrodes are connected to a box or recording device that you will carry with you at all times. Most Holter monitors are worn between one and three days and then returned to the doctor's office for evaluation.
Holter monitoring is beneficial in the identification of occasional heart problems or rhythm problems that do not happen regularly. Because and EKG is a short test and only takes a few minutes to complete, your heart may not show any problems. A Holter monitor will record additional information for your doctor.
To find out more about Holter monitoring, call (973) 777-3711 or you may also contact Je Lu Ja Spa online.
Holter Monitoring Tips
- To place the device, sticky electrodes are placed on your chest in certain areas. Men may need to have some chest hair shaved to help the electrodes stick. Wires from the electrodes are connected to a box that will record heart rhythm information.
- Remember that you cannot get your monitor wet. This means you cannot swim, shower or bathe while you are wearing the monitor. You may take a sponge bath but make sure not to get the recording box or the sticky electrodes wet.
- Your monitor is not going to be affected by other electronic devices, but avoid walking through medical detectors while wearing it.
- Bathe before you are fitted with the monitor.
- Keep a diary of everything you did while wearing your device. Write down the day and time of any heart palpitations, fluttering, chest pain or shortness of breath so your doctor can compare it to the data on your monitor later.
- You can resume your normal activities once your monitor has been placed.
When Holter Monitoring is Over
When your test is over, you will return to the office to have it removed. The sticky electrodes will be removed from your chest. This feels a little like pulling off a bandage and your skin could be a little bit red or itchy from the adhesive. This will clear up quickly. Make sure to turn in your diary or notes about your activities as well. The information on your Holter monitor will be reviewed and you will return for a follow up appointment to discuss your results.
Schedule your Holter Monitoring Today
Holter monitoring may be the solution you need. Call today at (973) 777-3711 or contact Je Lu Ja Spa online for more information.
Je Lu Ja Spa
Address1033 Us Hway 46 East
Suite G1 (Ground Floor Left)
Clifton, NJ 07013